Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Three as of yet Untitled Poems

She hobbles
wobbles
falls in the dead of night
AM hours
yells, shouts
no one awake to hear

Her days are spent
barely in control
one moment she's composed
on her feet
next are tears
sobs
great bawling moans

We can't help
we sit and think
she dies
we cannot bear it
she dies
we cannot bear IT

She is alone
She thinks death is her new life
She cannot bear it
We cannot bear her

-------------------

Skips and steps
Leaps and bounds
we go

New and exciting
Fresh and enticing
we go

Out of room, out of home
Out of head, out of touch
we go

We stamp the pavement
We look ahead
We face forward
We go

-------------------

Insecurity
haunts me
stays with me
another year

Anxiety
consumes me
reassures me
"i'm always here"

Depression
waits beside me
lingers with me
it knows me best

Self esteem
it eludes me
to bring it to me
a constant quest

They give me therapy
They medicate me
by friends They tell me
They love me best

but still i wonder
Company beside me
prodding me
to ask
"is it really so?"

No comments:

Post a Comment